The river is the most beautiful in terms of colours between June and the end of November. Therefore, we offer this package only in those months. There are options for 3 and 4 day packages to explore Caño Cristales. We do not recommend less days to visit Caño Cristales.
We depart by airplane early morning. We will be welcomed at the airport of La Macarena. After an introduction about the environmental rules, we will drop off the luggage at the hotel in the village. We will have lunch at the village and continue right after to Caño Cristales. In order to get to Caño Cristales you take a short boat trip over the River Guayabero where we will be able to spot a lot of fauna. We continue in a 4×4 jeep, which brings us to the spring of Cajuche where we will start an ecological hike to Cristalitos or to another place. The guide will indicate the best places for resting and swimming. At the end of the afternoon we return to the village of La Macarena for dinner and night in a hotel in town.
After breakfast at the hotel we continue to Caño Cristales the same way we did on the Day 1. Today we will explore the other side stream of Caño Cristales “Brazo Pianos” with its different colors, waterfalls and natural swimming pools. The local guide will show the best places to rest and to swim in the river. Today, we will have lunch served in the “bijaos” banana leafs during the hike. At the end of the afternoon we return to the village of La Macarena for dinner and night at a hotel.
After breakfast at the hotel we continue to Caño Cristales the same way we did on the previous day. Today we will explore the “Águilas” side stream of Caño Cristales. The local guide will show the best places to rest and to swim in the river. Like the previous day, we will have lunch during the hike. At the end of the afternoon we return to the village of La Macarena for dinner and participation in the cultural integration program presenting the folklore and gastronomy of the region, music and dances with the tourists (min. of 8 people). Night in a hotel in town.
After breakfast at the hotel, depending on the departure time of our plane, we will organize an activity in the surroundings of the village of La Macarena. The activity will be chosen by a local guide depending on the weather conditions and the time available. After the activity we will come back to the village. We go to the airport to take a charter flight (Cessna or DC3) and transfer back to Bogotá.
Price is on request
- Transport Bogota – Villavicencio – Bogota
- Flights Villavicencio (Bogota) – La Macarena – Villavicencio (Bogota)
- Airport taxes
- Transport by boat and 4×4 jeep La Macarena – Caño Cristales – La Macarena
- Overnight stays in simple hotel
- Local guide
- Meals during your stay at Caño Cristales
- Meals rest of the program
- Personal expenses
- Tourism tax of 25.000 COP (to be paid in cash on arrival)
- Add more days to your program
- Tour in three days
- Combine with destinations like ‘El Raudal de Guayabero’, ‘Ciudad de Piedra’, ‘Caño Indio’ or ‘Caño Canoas’.
- Good shoes to walk on and an extra pair of shoes or sandals (for some expeditions boots)
- Clothes for a warm and humid climate
- Clothes with long sleeves and pants with long trousers for the evenings and nights
- Swim suit and towel
- Flash light
- Sun block and mosquito repellent
- Sun glasses
- Personal first aid kit
- Backpack for luggage and a small backpack for day tours
- Drinking bottle for water
- Plastic bags to keep clothes dry