We offer programs of different lengths and different difficulty levels. Besides the 3 mentioned options on this page we can also offer custom made programs including different walking routes or climbing different peaks.
- 3 day trekking from Salento/Valle de Cocora to Paramillo de Quindio (4.850 m). Overnight in local farm.
- 4 day trekking from Salento/Valle de Cocora to Nevado de Tolima (5.215m). Overnight in local farm (and tent at bascamp)
- 3 day trekking from
Salento/Valle de Cocora to Ibagué or viceversa. Overnight in tents (one at a hotspring at 4.000m)
- 3 day trekking from Pereira/Manizales to Salento/Valle de Cocora. Overnight in tents
During the here mentioned options we assume that every participant carries his own luggage. It is possible that on some routes the luggage is carried by horses, this is optional and needs to be arranged beforehand.
At the visitor center El Cisne accommodation can be arranged in comfortable cabañas.
For the trekking in the Park Los Nevados a very good condition is required and it is recommendable to have some experience with mountain trekking/climbing. Food and beverages are not included but it is possible to buy the food needed for the trekking as a group.
The climb to the top of Tolima isn´t classified as technical and that is why we don´t make use of a harness or rope. The guide that acco
mpanies the group decides if the circumstances are good enough to climb the top.
– backpack > 65 liter
– Good walking shoes (waterproof)
– Extra pair of shoes
– Warm clothes and raincoat
– Sleeping bag suitable for temperatures of minimal 0 ºC
– Sleeping mat
– Flash light
– Gloves & warm hat
– Sun block
– Sun glasses
– Plate, mug and cutlery
On request the personal equipment or a part of it can be rented with DE UNA.